Neighboring to End Family Homelessness
What is a Neighboring Volunteer?
- Eight to 10 people from local Christian Faith Communities.
- Both men and women, young and old, married with children and single.
- Willing to establish an on-going relationship with a Neighboring Family headed by a single mother who is facing homelessness.
- Committed as a Neighboring Volunteer for 12 to 24 months while the Neighboring Family is involved in the Bridge of Hope program and working toward financial stability. The group provides social capital and tangible supports.
Can I do it?
- If you can be a Neighbor who provides relationship, social capital and tangible supports, then you can be a Neighboring Volunteer!
How much time is involved?
- A weekly phone call (or even every other week) to the woman you areNeighboring.
- A one-on-one activity every four to six weeks with the family you are Neighboring. This might be inviting them over to watch a movie, going grocery shopping together, or other things that you would do with a neighbor.
- Attend monthly “Neighborhood Gatherings” with the family you are Neighboring and other Neighboring Volunteers. These are held on a designated night each month. These evenings strengthen relationships and provide ongoing training and support for Neighbors and the Neighboring Family.
How will I be supported?
- Four to five hours of training prior to meeting the family you will Neighbor.
- The Neighborhood Resource Specialist will facilitate a “match night” to introduce the Neighboring Volunteers and the Neighboring Family.
- Ongoing support and training throughout the 12 to 24 months.
- May 02, 2017 — Harrisburg Magazine Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area Article…Read More
- Apr 12, 2017 — Neighboring… New Language, Same Mission…Read More
- Apr 12, 2017 — Good Day PA – Sarah’s Story…Read More
- Mar 09, 2017 — Central Penn Business Journal Non-Profit Innovations Awards…Read More
- Feb 08, 2017 — Thank You Crystal Clean Maids LLC…Read More
- Jan 20, 2017 — House A Family…Read More
- Jun 24, 2016 — Good Day PA Aired House A Family…Read More
- May 30, 2016 — Watch Sarah’s Story…Read More
- Nov 11, 2015 — Harrisburg Area Excellence…Read More