Become a Neighboring Volunteer
We are delighted that you are interested in offering friendship to a family facing homelessness! These are the first steps to becoming a Neighboring Volunteer through your Christian Faith Community:
- Discuss the possibility of a Neighboring with as many people as possible within your Christian Faith Community, such as members of Sunday School classes, women’s groups, small groups, or the mission committee. Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area has brochures, DVDs, and bulletin inserts that explain Neighboring.
- Invite a Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area staff person or volunteer to speak at your church about this ministry opportunity.
- When 8 to 10 people commit to being Neighboring Volunteers, the Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area staff will provide 4 to 5 hours of training and then match you with a Neighboring Family.
- May 02, 2017 — Harrisburg Magazine Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area Article…Read More
- Apr 12, 2017 — Good Day PA – Sarah’s Story…Read More
- Mar 09, 2017 — Central Penn Business Journal Non-Profit Innovations Awards…Read More
- Jun 24, 2016 — Good Day PA Aired House A Family…Read More
- May 30, 2016 — Watch Sarah’s Story…Read More